Saturday, November 26, 2005

Diary of a Black Mathematician

I'm spending a little time seeing a little of what is out there in the mathematical blog sphere. One of the interesting ones are Diary of a Black Mathematician, with several interesting postings. (Among others, the comic strips added at the end of this posting.)

He mentions that he has kept a mathematical diary for years. That reminds me of the usefulness of keeping a diary for other purposes as well. For more than a year some years ago, I kept a diary of what happened at work. All good ideas of what to change in the way we taught and so on were recorded there. At the end of each month, I made a summary. And at the end of the academic year, I was able to write a detailed evaluation of the course - based on the diary. (After writing it, I let the students read it and react to it - they agreed that I had caught the main points.) Maybe I should try to get the time to take up this habit again...




(Okay, I know they turn out quite small. Right-click and choose "Show image" (or whatever is the way of doing it in your browser) to see a bigger version.)

1 Comments:

Blogger ahmed said...

http://services-area.com/%d8%b4%d8%b1%d9%83%d9%87-%d9%86%d9%82%d9%84-%d8%b9%d9%81%d8%b4-%d8%a8%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%82%d8%b7%d9%8a%d9%81/

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home